The purpose of the treatment is to achieve a natural appearance with a breast size and shape that is tailored to your personal anatomy. Depending on the patient and the desired result, the implant is placed under the mammary gland or under the pectoral muscle, so that any subsequent breastfeeding is not affected. This plastic surgery is performed under general anaesthesia with 1-2 days hospitalisation. The EU-approved implant can be inserted into the breast from three access points based on the patient’s request and on the surgeon’s recommendation – from the incision around the areola at the border of the light and pigmented skin, from the incision in the crease under the mammary gland or from the incision in the armpit. The suture is placed under the skin (intracutaneously) so that the skin incision is hardly visible later. Before the surgery, the surgeon consults the details and method of the surgery with the patient.
- Surgery preparation: 14 days before the surgery avoid aspirin and other blood-thinning drugs. 2-3 weeks before and after the surgery, reduce alcohol consumption and smoking significantly due to possible wound healing disorders.
- Anaesthesia: general anaesthesia
- Hospitalization: 1 night
- Follow-up check: ultrasound check 1 year after the surgery
- Stitches: dissolvable
- Compression bra: should be worn for 6 weeks
- Scars: scars fade approx. after 6 months
- Fit for work: after 2 weeks, avoid physically demanding work
- Sport: earliest after 6 weeks
- Sun / solarium: avoid for at least 3 months; afterward cover up the scars and use a sunscreen with a high UV protection factor for at least 1 year
- Silicone gel implants: standard implants 120ml – 700ml are available
- Breastfeeding ability : remains unchanged
- Surgery result: visible after 2-4 months
Our clinics are the first in the Czech Republic to offer the ultra-light B-lite breast implants – a world novelty developed by the Israeli brothers Govrin-Yehudain and Govreen-Segal.
“The silicone implant, which we insert into the breast, logically follows gravity by its weight and pulls the breast down. As a result, the breast gradually sinks, and the skin slackens. After years, the woman can expect another operation, which will lift the breast and the additional tightening incisions in the tissue cannot be avoided,” says Doctor Kufa, who sees the breast implants filled with microspheres as the future normal. The B-Lite implants have the same volume as the classic ones but are up to 30% lighter. For example, the classic 500ml implant weighs 500gr, but the B-Lite implant weighs only 350gr.
The secret of the B-Lite implant is its micro spherical filling, i.e. small air bubbles in the silicone gel make the gel lighter and much more resistant to mechanical damage caused by pressure. They withstand a pressure of up to thirteen atmospheres. The implant wearer can, for example, deep dive or fly absolutely carefree. B-Lite implants also have a better “spatial memory”, giving them a natural look. This is by no means the end of the list of advantages. The B-Lite implants have an unlimited life span and therefore do not need to be replaced. The micro spherical filling makes the implant more transparent and facilitates mammography examinations.
B-Lite implants are available in both shapes – round and anatomically shaped breast implants, in all sizes and projection thicknesses, just like all conventional brand implants.
B-Lite implants represent an unrivalled asset in the field of reconstructive surgery. In case of unilateral breast removal and its subsequent reconstruction by inserting a conventional silicone implant, the reconstructed breast may sag earlier, as it weighs significantly more than the physiological breast. B-Lite solves this problem thanks to its light weight.
B-Lite implants are currently available in Germany, Great Britain, Italy, Israel, Czech Republic and Slovakia, as well as in Japan and South Africa.